Mortuary Musing
a mortuary science student's perspective on the study of the dead

Don't Waste Valuable Time

(CSC Original Post 01-25-10)

I am currently writing this blog entry earlier than expected (Jan 21st in case you are wondering). I am not going to post this entry on Blogger right away, but right now I am trying to get it out of the way so I can put more focus on the upcoming week. Thanks to the freezing rain and the school cancellation earlier this week, the mortuary science students are now facing three exams next week. There is an exam on Funeral Service Counseling on Monday; an exam on Introduction to Pathology for Funeral Service Professionals on Tuesday; and it looks like there will possibly be an exam in Introduction to Microbiology on Wednesday.



Makes me kind of wish I would have saved the last blog entry for this upcoming week.



Anyways, I thought this would be a good time to get a jump start on this blog instead of waiting for next week and try to squeeze it in between all the studying and my other homework. It is a little process I would like to call, “Do Not Waste Valuable Time.” You probably have heard about it once or twice before while growing up. It involves organizing all your tasks and planning out how to approach them. Not only am I taking care of this blog right now, but I am also preparing to complete my homework for next week’s Management class in order to get that out of the way as well. I figured I might as well take care of the little things first. It’ll make next week go by much smoother.



Unfortunately because of Martin Luther King’s Day and the freezing rain we only had two days of class this week so there is not much to talk about. I can talk about study habits since I am preparing to take several exams, but I believe I have already mention that in an older blog post from last semester and nobody probably wants to read that same topic again.



If you are reading this and are trying to figure out if there is a basic point to this nonsense of a blog entry, I would say the point is do not wait until the last minute to get things done. It is always better to have a head start on things especially in case if any unexpected situation suddenly pops up on you. If you have a lot of things on your plate, you can always break it down into one small piece after another and start from there. Every small step is still considered making progress.
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab a Badge


Drop Your Card!

Followers