Mortuary Musing
a mortuary science student's perspective on the study of the dead

Death Does Not Include Zombies

Labels:

When I was a young kid I wished zombies were real. I always thought the world would be a more interesting place if it was filled with real life flesh-eating zombies. What is a better way to test the "survival of the fittest" theory?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have always been fascinated by zombies. I am still even today. My main argument against cremation is how can you come back to life as a zombie if you are cremated? You never see any horror movies about zombie cremains (ashes) going around attacking people. What fun would that be?

I have always loved the horror classics such as George Romero's Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead. I take guilty pleasure watching Italian horror films such as Lucio Fulci's City of the Living Dead and The Beyond. I stuffed my face with popcorn and laugh while watching comedy-horror zombie flicks such as Return of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, or the more recent Zombieland. I probably even take a guiltier pleasure and laugh more from watching horrendous bad zombie movies. Trust me, there are a lot of those types of films.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

However in real life the dead does not come back to life. That fantasy only lives inside books and movies. There are no creatures that are coming back to eat your brains. And in reality, if there were any real zombies, they would be having a pain-in-the-butt time trying to get themselves out of a vault.

While there are no real zombies, a person should be able to pick up a book or put in a movie and enjoy some quality fiction. I might not live in a world that is overrun by flesh-eating zombies that are out to taste my brain, but I do live in a world that is filled with people who act like mindless drones wandering about. I guess that's close enough.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab a Badge


Drop Your Card!

Followers